Sunday 13 November 2011

Colette Patterns Crepe (modified)

So there has been a little sewing going on....

I thought this fabric would be perfect for a Crepe but as per usual I had bought it with a different project in mind and didn't have enough.  I modified the pattern so it doesn't wrap-around and managed to squeeze it out of the length I had.

Here's the front:
I didn't need to make an FBA, although it is currently a little snug across the bust.  If you are a B-cup like my dummy you will probably need to alter the front bodice.

The back required some fiddling as there is no centre back marked on the pattern (my one small complaint), but with some measuring and guesstimating it turned out fine.  I inserted an invisible zip in the back and added a full lining but other than that made the dress as instructed.

The only other alteration was a 1" sway back adjustment. 
My dummy is a pretty poor model as the dress really needs to be filled out to show off how pretty the silhouette is. The shape is flattering and is retro without being costume-y.

I love how this dress turned out and will definitely make it again, probably with the wrap next time.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Looks fantastic, especially like the lineny fabric. It would be great to see a wearing shot.

gwensews said...

That's very pretty, and the pattern deserves to be made again.