Thursday 6 October 2011

I'm baaaack!

Hi everyone (anyone????),

Wow I certainly didn't mean to be gone 6 months, life really got in the way of a good time there for a while!

I haven't got very much sewing to show for myself so I hope you will forgive me if I indulge in my many recent knitting adventures while I get caught up on the seamstressing side.

Just in case you were a bit cross with me, I'll start by showing you some altruistic knitting I did - that way you have to realise I really am a nice person and didn't mean to ignore you for so long!

Each year I promise myself I will make something for the Guardian Angel Project.  And pretty much every year I fail to do so.  This year I would accept no excuses and went on a charity knitting binge.  I am pretty proud of the results and I hope a little cold child somewhere is a bit warmer because of my efforts...

First a little matinee jacket.  I knit the first size in the book but (knowing nothing about baby sizes) it turned out to be preemie size.  Sadly this means my target market is a bit smaller than it needs to be but I hope there is a little preemie out there somewhere who can get some use from it. The yarn is leftover from a blanket I knit as a gift (yet to blog).

Next a hat, knit in the same yarn.  NOT preemie size so the garments will have to find separate homes.

Another hat, this time knit in leftover 'magic' sock yarn.  I sort of made the pattern up.  The fair isle doesn't materialise as it should because it's not a sock, but it looks cute anyway.

The final garment, and the only one I bought yarn for, is a simple stocking stitch jumper (sweater).  The pattern said the buttons on the shoulder were optional but I reckon there is no way you could do without them.  I don't know much about babies but I do know their heads are huge!!!

So that's it for now.  I promise it won't be six months before my next update.

2 comments:

Green Mountain Realty said...

The Sweaters are so beautiful, love the colors....

Green Mountain Realty said...

Every thing is so beautiful, keep up the good work, you're amazing