Saturday 6 November 2010

Baby starghan mark II

This is my second baby starghan, you can see my first version here).  This time made as a gift for my chiropractor, whose partner is expecting in January.  This version is made in cotton so I chose to do blocks of colour rather than stripes since the ends don't darn in as nicely as wool.  I just kept going until the yarn ran out - 1 ball white, 2 balls pale lime, 2 balls white, 2 balls teal (plus an extra half ball of teal to finish the last round and work the edging).  I changed yarns when and wherever I needed to rather than just changing at the end of a round, that way I could get the maximum size out of my yarn.  As with the previous version I finished with a round of crab stitch to neaten the edge.  Not much else to say really except, yay another FO!

3 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Very nice. What a lovely gift.

Maryissewfast said...

So pretty...great baby gift!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

OMG! I love it.