Saturday 30 May 2009

Recovering from a Week of Festivities

So I am over my little pity party! There's nothing like an illness in the family to remind you of your priorities. My Dad has had a scare this past week and after numerous tests they have decided that, while still serious, his condition is nowhere near as bad as it could have been - Phew!

Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes. I ended up having a fantastic week. On Wednesday, my actual birthday, we went out for dinner with my Mum, my sister and her boyfriend to an Indian restaurant in Victoria Park. On Thursday my friends Sarah and Cam took us out to dinner at a posh restaurant called Opus. Friday night was my party, it was a great success (IMHO) and on Saturday we watched a stand up comedian Adam Hills (who hosts one of my favourite shows, Spicks and Specks).
After a relaxing Sunday, my fella took me away to Margaret River for a couple of days. We stayed in a cabin surounded by untouched bushland with a spa and pot belly stove. If you can bear to see holiday snaps I'll post some in the next couple of days.
This is the dress I wore to both the dinners. It's the dress I made last year to wear to my friends' wedding. It's McCalls 5466. I know there have been some problems with this pattern but a simple alteration to the front armhole curve seems to fix it.

This is the dress I made for the party on Friday night (review to follow). Unfortunately it was freezing so I wore a coat over it most of the night but it still came out okay. I think this must be a bad photo as I don't remember looking so portly on the night! You probably can't see them well but I think my shoes were the star of this outfit - they are Fetish by Melissa in a copper/bronze colour that is not shown on the website. I heart Melissa shoes - eternal thanks to Claire for introducing me to them!


I am woefully behind on posting projects and writing reviews, but I will do my best to catch up soon.

3 comments:

Tany said...

Both dresse look wonderful on you!

harbourmaster said...

Jo, you look beautiful! Why can't I make the photos go big? I want to check out your makeup, looks fab! That blue is lovely. I hate that it always gets cold when you want to dress up (haha remember SleazeBall genie outfits? tho the alcohol intake rather counteracted the coldness)

So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Miss you, talk soon! xxx

Rose said...

Sounds like you had a busy, wonderful (except for your Dad) and still managed to get a dress made. I'm impressed. Both dresses look great. I've give you the "One Lovely Blog" award. You can pick up the award at my blog, http://www.rosessewingroom.blogspot.com. I discovered your blog from your PR Review about V1099 which I plan to make this summer. I'm glad I did!