Sunday 11 May 2008

My name is Jo and I'm a fabriholic

The wedding was last Saturday and it all went off well. The bridal party all looked stunning, especially the beautiful bride and the service and reception were both lovely. Unfortunately, with all the excitement I didn’t manage to get a photo of me in my outfit – so you’ll have to wait until it comes back from the dry cleaners – sorry about that.

My new job is great so far, everyone has been really friendly and welcoming. I have been given three pretty interesting projects to work on but at the moment I’m mainly reading old reports and trying to acquaint myself with the Department.

On the sewing front, I’ve done nothing this week except plan in my head. I think my next project will be Kasia (6012) from the Burdastyle website. I’ll use the same black suiting I used for my previous skirt and I have enough to make this jacket as well. I am hoping to get just a little bit more to make these pants. If I can’t get any more (there’s only 7 metres left at the manufacturer so I have to be quick as soon as it comes into the shop!) then I’ll make the skirt in grey and try to squeeze the pants and jacket out of what I have left. Also, out of the same fabric but in its brown colour I intend to make a three piece suit comprised of this jacket, these pants and this skirt. As if all that wasn’t enough, it’s my birthday in just over a week and I am hoping to make this short coat (view B) out of a black flock printed fabric.

I am in the process pf preparing a status update of my current and pending projects. I wonder if this is what it’s like for addicts when they have to confess the depths they’ve sunk to? Seriously, my stash is out of control so I have decided to make a little pact with myself. No new fabric except linings, interfacings, trims and other essentials to finish existing projects until the end of the financial year (June 30). Shouldn’t be a problem(!).

No comments: