Wednesday 14 May 2008

Cute top and what's next

Here is a quick and easy top I made during my week off, but I was only able to finish it this weekend because I needed to buy narrow elastic to go in the sleeves (I could have sworn I had metres of the stuff lying around)! I really like the leopard print, it’s fun and not too ‘barmaidy’. The pattern is McCalls 5388. It went together super-easily and there were no construction issues at all – and only 4 pieces to cut!

I’ve also written up a sort of plan/inventory of current projects.

As you can see there are a lot (and in terms of my stash it is the tip of the iceberg!). My plan is to work on only these projects until they are all finished. I may allow myself a little break to make simple tops and the like but I'm sticking to my promise to not buy any new fabric until June 30.


My only disappointment so far is that I didn’t have enough chocolate suiting to make the jacket I had chosen to complete a three piece suit, but that’s ok. Once I put together the skirt and pants I’ll judge if a more abbreviated jacket will suit and if not I’ll make a waistcoat or something. It’s not as if there aren’t plenty of jackets on my list!


I’ve never been much of a planner with my sewing – I usually react to need or special events – but I must say I feel very motivated by being able to tick things off. I have been so inspired by the blogs I read. Some of the wardrobes and mini wardrobes look amazing. I've also been inspired to make some patterns from BWOF. It always seemed too much trouble before, but I think it's worth it for the results having seen garments posted in blogs.

No comments: